Friday, December 21, 2012

Great Lakes and Santa Clause

Photobucket 
How amazing is this shot Ryan got of the moon a few nights ago? We love the 75-300mm lens. I have to work on being a bit more steady because the lens is a lot bigger than my old one, but I figure I'll get better with practice.

Photobucket

We woke up the other morning feeling a bit stir crazy and in need of something fun and different to do with the kids. Ry has been saying that he's wanted to take the kids to the Rainforest Cafe at Great Lakes Mall so we decided to pack up and make a trip out there. We figured since it was 10am on a weekday that it would be pretty empty, but we were unfortunately mistaken. Christmas shoppers were out in full force and a little on the rude side, shoppers and workers alike. We didn't let that rain on our parade, though, and had a lot of fun on our outing.

Photobucket 

We got some last-minute Christmas shopping done, let the kids visit Santa and ate at the Rainforest Cafe.

Photobucket

Both kids did really well with Santa this year. Franky LOVED him and got to ask if he was on the nice or naughty list (Santa assured him he was on the nice list) and he also asked Santa about his reindeer and the north pole. Marija seemed a little bit uncertain but saw that her brother trusted Santa, so she climbed up on Santa's lap too.

Photobucket

There was the coolest little north pole set up while we were waiting to see santa that had fake snow and made it feel like we were in a giant snow globe. I'm not sure who thought it was cooler, me or the kids, haha! 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Picture with Santa, 2012. I think this is Marija's first ever photo with Santa and Franky's second. I really should make it an annual tradition from now on. 

Photobucket

Marija did better at the Rainforest Cafe than Franky did. She kept close to her daddy and mostly ate and looked around at everything in the restaurant. Franky, on the other hand, screamed bloody freaking murder every time the animals made sounds (elephants, tigers and monkeys) and whenever the lights flashed on and off for the lightening. No joke, he screamed at the top of his lungs, jumped out of his chair and hid under the table until all the commotion stopped. I swear it was the funniest thing ever. I feel bad for laughing, but Ry and I just couldn't help ourselves, it was so funny.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Franky was telling his daddy that he didn't want the gigantic snake in the ceiling to get him. 

Photobucket

Photobucket
These things scared the ever-loving hell out of Franky and he screamed bloody freaking murder the first time they roared. I'm talkin', the entire restaurant turned around to see who the ear-piercing-screamer was. It was so funny. 

Photobucket

Photobucket
"Mama, wook at da stars" 

Photobucket
Franky picked dinosaur-shaped chicken nuggets and fries for he and his sister to split. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Yep, that would be Franky hiding under the table when the first roar of thunder and lightening went off. He literally jumped out of his chair, screamed at the top of his lungs and hid under there until it stopped. Yet, when we asked him if he wanted to leave he said no and that he was having fun, so silly, haha! 

Photobucket

Photobucket
Ryan and I shared the Pastalaya. Oh. My. Goodness. was this ever good. I have searched pinterest for copycat recipes so I can make it at home, it was so good. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Franky really like walking through the mall with me, he got a huge kick out of it. 

Photobucket

Photobucket
Beautiful canvas at Bass Pro Shops. I so wish I had even the tiniest artistic bone in my body, like both of my parents and all of my siblings. My parents are some of the most gifted artists I know and my brother and two of my sisters take after them completely. I, on the other hand, can't draw a stick figure to save my life, haha.

1 comment:

  1. I can tell you're loving then lens!!! Great pictures:) I can't believe how big Miss M is getting...wasn't she just a newborn? Merry Christmas!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete