Thursday, December 27, 2012

Snow and Lights

Photobucket
It snowed again yesterday and the kids and I couldn't wait to get out in it today. 

Photobucket
I hope my children grow up with as much of an appreciation for all of the changing seasons as I have. Growing up in San Diego, I saw snow once when my Grammy took me up into the mountains. It got cool, yes, but never like Michigan. When my parents relocated to Michigan, it was Spring, so us kids didn't get our first taste of Winter until many months later. I remember missing the ocean, but loving the fall and especially loving the snow. Some of my best childhood memories are of breezy, hot days playing in the sand and swimming in the salty ocean and also of slipping on multiple layers of clothing, warm jackets, snow boots, hats, scarfs, mittens and jumping head-first into ice-cold jumbo flakes of pure winter bliss. I love the ocean, but ever since moving to Michigan, Winter has been and probably always will be my most favorite season ever.  

Photobucket

Photobucket
I can still kinda see my feet if I look sideways, haha. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Franky so takes after me with his love of snow. 

Photobucket
My little snow angel 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Right before I got hit with a giant snow ball 

Photobucket

Photobucket
"Mama, take a picture of my snow ball" 

Photobucket
Eating snow

Photobucket
I'm not sure if I've ever seen a daddy's girl quite like her 

Photobucket
Our little {growing} family 

Photobucket
Right before bedtime, we bundled the kids up and took them the see the lights, like we've been promising them for weeks. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
They loved it, especially this boy 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment